The guides below can be used as references to assist with making an informed & fundamental decision on which bike is best for you.
3 frame types:
Carbon Fiber – Lightweight, sexy, absorbs road vibrations, very strong, repairable
- Aluminum – Offers durability, almost as light as carbon & a lighter material than steel
- Steel – Heavy, but long lasting great ride qualities similar to Carbon Fiber
2 types of braking systems:
- Caliper– Reliable, better modulation & easy to service.
- Disc Brakes –More stopping power, easier on your hands, super smooth feel and suffice in all weather types.
The ultimate bicycles for commuting & city riding. Fully custom builds hand brazed 100% steel frames made in London since 1976.
Just Ride L.A. is proud to be Brompton USA’s top 5 Partners!
- 4 Types
- M-type (popular)– Fast & comfort riding style
- S-type- aggressive & quick-paced riding
- H-type– comfort & upright riding style
- P-type– Designed for avid touring riders
- 3 Frame Builds:
- EA – lighter and maneuverable
- LA – (most common) – comes with fenders & mudguard
- RA – Inclusion of a rack, fenders & mudguards.
- Perfect for rugged riding on a variety of terrains
- Most mountain bikes are 20-24 speeds
- Most popular braking systems:
- Mechanical Disc– easy to service & easily maintained
- Hydraulic Disc -have more stopping power and better feel
- 3 wheel sizes
- 26in – lighter and highly maneuverable
- 27.5in (most common) – efficient maneuvering and technical ability
- 29in – handles any obstacles & terrain with ease